Off-Road Trailers For Your Next Bundu-bashing Adventure
Your Next Bundu-bashing Adventure: Don’t Leave Home Without These 10 Items
Some camping trips are a spur-of-the-moment decision; others take months of meticulous planning. Our off-road trailers make it easy to pack up and go, so it may be tempting to rush off on a weekend getaway without preparation. However, some forethought is always recommended, as you will likely enjoy your trip better if it’s well-organised. So, if you purchased one of our top-of-the-class off-road trailers and have a hankering to try it out, be sure to tick the following ten items off your checklist:
- Sleeping under vast African skies with no city lights polluting your view is ideal – until it rains. Thankfully, our off-road trailers are all capable of incorporating one of our ultra-functional Insta-Awns.
- Enough water. Water is used for just about everything – from preparing food to how much you require on a sweltering day under the harsh sun.
- Enough food. Navigating off-road trailers over challenging terrain is mentally and physically exhausting. It is essential that you take along non-perishable foods such as canned beans, trail mix, biltong, and dehydrated fruit to keep your energy up.
- A toolkit. Take a basic kit along that contains tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, a hammer, jacks, duct tape, and tyre-repair kits. You could also bring along specialised, purpose-made tools such as an underhood welder and a winch.
- An emergency first-aid kit. Out in the wild, you will face thorns, cuts, and scrapes, so be sure to pack a first-aid kit containing antiseptic liquid, plasters, and bandages.
- Spare parts. Items that could face damage and might need replacing include spare parts such as tyres, engine belts, and lug nuts.
- Extra lubrication. Oil, brake fluid, fuel, coolant, and even power-steering fluid are all extras one can take along. Mark each container clearly and be sure to keep them sealed.
- Versatile clothing. Take along versatile clothing options made from breathable materials to keep you cool but still protect you from the sun and insect bites.
- Kitchen accessories. There’s no need to stir your scrambled eggs with a screwdriver … Take along essential kitchenware such as cutlery and plastic plates and cups.
- A few comforts from home. Two-ply toilet paper, a soft pillow, and some soap can make a world of difference in terms of how comfortable your trip is.
Lastly, of course, don’t forget your tough-as-nails 4×4 trailer. For tough off-road trailers that make travelling a breeze, why not look into Conqueror’s superb, award-winning range? For more information on our off-road-trailers, we invite you to get in touch with a branch near you today.